Spanish e-coffee with… Talentor Netherlands
Our “Spanish e-coffee with…” is back this 2022! The first one from this year was with our partners from Independent Recruiters (Talentor Netherlands), with whom we shared a very pleasant time and had the opportunity to talk about possible collaborative experiences within the Talentor International network.
We asked Ilse Gerlagh, their Teamlead in Sales & Marketing a couple of questions about the important factors to consider when looking for talent in the Netherlands. Here’s what Ilse shared with us:
Hi Ilse, tell us a little bit about Talentor Netherlands!
- Independent Recruiters was founded in 2003 by Olfertjan Niemeijer. He started the company initially on his own however at the moment we are with 35 consultants divided over 8 labels. Cleo van Amelsfort joined Independent Recruiters in 2008 and started Independent hospitality. This was very successful and therefore the decision to extend the company with a separate label Independent facility and Independent retail was made very quick. Cleo joined Olfertjan as his business partner in 2015. Joost Mooren started the Engineering label in 2015 and he has recently extensive the Engineering label with a separate Life Science label. Together they are the managing Partners of Independent Recruiters Group.
What would you say are the most important factors to consider for a foreign company when looking for talent in the Netherlands?
- Professionals from the Netherlands are well educated, we speak several languages. We are people that go straight to the point and are defined as hard workers (no 9-17 mentality).
What important aspects should you consider before starting the search (culture, legislation, salary policies, mobility, social benefits, etc)? And What are the most demanded positions by foreign companies in your market?
- When looking for Talent in the Netherlands, every aspect depends on the job intake, being our most demanded positions by foreign companies, sales profiles.
Which sectors are you specialized in?
- Our main sectors are: Hospitalty, Facility, Retail, Engineering, Life Science, Sales & Marketing, Finance, IT, HR & Recruitment
Do you have any experience with the Spanish market and how was your experience? If not, are you willing to? And why would you consider it interesting?
- We don’t have experiences with clients in Spain but we do had a Spanish colleague in our office for the Spanish candidates and clients in The Netherlands within IT. We are hoping to collaborate with the Spanish market soon!